Types of information
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
Sensitive information: is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records and court outcomes, financial and or company records, licences, qualifications, education history, health information or biometric information.
The information we collect
Personal information: The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
if you purchase or are included in services from us:
• your name;
• your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
• your credit card or payment details (through our third party payment processor);
• details of services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
• your preferences and/or opinions; and
• information you provide to us through customer surveys;
• if we collect information about you to provide our Services to our customers:
• your personal information required to provide our Services, including name, contact details, tenancy history, images of you, your age and/or date of birth; and
• your sensitive information as set out below;
if you visit our website:
• your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour; and
• information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider; and
• any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
The types of sensitive information we may collect about you include:
• information about your criminal record if we perform a criminal history check on you; and
• information on your drug use if you undertake a drug test with us.
Unless otherwise permitted by law, we will not collect sensitive information about you without first obtaining your consent.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
• Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including through the ‘contact us’ form on our website, when you purchase a package from us, when you complete a consent form for the purposes of us providing our Services, such as conducting a drug test or when you request our assistance via email or over the telephone.
• Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide our Services to you, including to provide intelligence packages to you;
• to provide our Services to our customers, including to provide intelligence services to them in respect of you;
• to contact and communicate with you about our Services;
• for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
• for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, associated applications;
• for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information that we consider may be of interest to you;
• to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
• if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application; and
• if otherwise required or authorised by law, such as if the information is subpoenaed.
This Policy relates to personal information collected by any means. It is our usual practice to collect this personal information directly from you. However, often your personal information is collected using our website or in response to our printed and online advertisements. Furthermore, there may be occasions when we receive personal information from a third party or a publicly available source.
The type of personal information we collect will depend on various factors such as the type of services you request or use and any applicable legal and regulatory obligations. This may include, but is not limited to, collection and use of the following kinds of information:
• Contact information that allows us to communicate with you (e.g. e-mail, social media contact details, address, telephone number);
• Identity information that allows us to identify you (e.g. name, date of birth, occupation, and government-issued identification);
• Professional information that helps us to understand more about you including your employment history, qualifications, talents, skills and abilities (e.g. references, resumes, qualification documents and test results);
• Financial information and history;
• Other individuals’ information we request, or that you provide, about an individual other than yourself (e.g. previous employers and referees); and
• Immigration information that allows us to verify that you are legally permitted to work (e.g. evidence of citizenship, visa or work permit documents).
If you do not provide information, or the information provided is insufficient or inaccurate, this may limit our ability to provide services to you.
We only collect, hold, use and disclose sensitive information for the following purposes:
• any purposes you consent to;
• the primary purpose for which it is collected, including to provide the sensitive information to a customer as part of our Services;
• secondary purposes that are directly related to the primary purpose for which it was collected; and
• if otherwise required or authorised by law, such as if the information is subpoenaed.
• disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
• customers of ours that have requested us to provide your personal information to them as part of our Services;
• third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services to us, including (without limitation), providers of criminal history checks, drug testing and psychometric testing, tenancy databases, professional organisations, your nominated referees, a government authority or law enforcement body including the police, regulatory and licensing bodies, registered training providers, Educational Institutions, previous employers, prospective employers, clients who wish to engage you as a contractor or temporary employee, credit agencies and education providers, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, couriers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
• our employees, service providers or partners, contractors and/or related entities;
• our existing or potential agents or business partners;
• anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
• credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
• courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
• third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel or other relevant businesses; and
• any other third parties as required or authorised by law.
Overseas disclosure: Where we disclose your personal information to third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia. We will only disclose your personal information to countries with laws which protect your personal information in a way which is substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles or we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. You also have the right to contact the relevant privacy authority.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Intelligence Studio Pty Ltd ABN 68 639 429 995
Telephone: 1800 960 061
Last update: 26 October 2020
© LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd